Top Image

Five Years Together

Posted on: Sunday



"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars."  
-Jack Kerouac 

Five years ago today, I spoke these words to you, and we said "forever." We smashed a glass under the chuppa and paraded through the village as Mister and Misses. And though our souls and our lives had been intertwined for many years already, on that day we proclaimed it to the world.  And then we set out on a grand adventure..

From the cobblestone streets of Paris to the dim crumbling brick of an abandoned Brooklyn subway tunnel, we explored.  From midsummer rooftop parties at our little home on second street, to wintertime games of fetch with Nico in the snow-blanketed park, we celebrated.  From street art to music to babies, we created. And through it all, through the hard times and the magnificent times, we found strength in each other.  And we grew.  Sometimes it's hard for me to fathom how much we've grown.

I dug through old hard drives and phones and pieced together all of these little videos (most of which you shot) from our past, so that we can celebrate and reflect on all that we were, all that we are, and all that we are becoming.  I love you Gaby.  Always and forever.  Sometimes I can't believe I found such a kindred spirit to walk beside.

Happy Anniversary my love.  Life with you is magic.

49 COMMENTS:

  1. Congratulations to you both! Loved your beautiful film. I'm sure you have your ups and downs too, but it's wonderful to see people who just seem so entirely right with one another, ultimately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! Yes, we all have our ups and downs, but true love is true love, and I feel so lucky to have found it. xx

      Delete
  2. so lovely! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both have the most infectious energy! Such a beautiful family - I hope you had a wonderful celebration xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you're so sweet! What a lovely comment! Our "infectious energy" is more likely just the fact that we're a couple of dorks in real life, but thank you! :)

      Delete
  4. I can't stop smiling! You are so lovely, both, ALL! Here's to many more years of real happiness and energy!

    (ps. you've inspired me to take videos now - I want to be able to look back on these years too, thank-you!)

    Flora
    www.twowithseven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet lady!!

      Delete
  5. that was utterly beautiful.
    i wish you both the best. you seem so happy, good for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary!

    I love that Jack Kerouac quote. It has always been a favorite. And this video is amazing. What a happy life you've had so far. Many more happy years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! I found that quote years ago before moving to New York, when I first read the book, and it's always popped up in important times in my life. It really sums up everything for me. xx

      Delete
  7. you make me cry.... so, so beautiful!!!!! my best from Québec

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they are tears of joy! Thank you! xxxx

      Delete
  8. I found your blog a few months ago and it has quickly become one of my favorites! Your writing is so lovely and poetic and your photos are dreamy. As someone mentioned above, you've inspired me to try to take more video too. Congratulations on your anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You're comment is so sweet and such an appreciated compliment! xx

      Delete
  9. Anonymous4:41:00 AM

    Très beau couple.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow i can' t stop to craying....beauty video . congrats for your wonderful family. Best regards from Madrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I didn't mean to make anyone cry!! xoxox

      Delete
  11. Congratulations! What a beautiful video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren! I always love your comments! xx

      Delete
  12. this is beautiful! happy anniversary to you two and many more.

    -sweet grace-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jenna!

      Delete
  13. This is my first time commenting on your blog. I just wanna say that this video made me cry. Your family and the love that you have for each other gives me hope that I may have something like this in the future. I can not thank you enough for this. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here - coach factory outlet of desired shapes tiffany jewelry Instructions:The chart was a coach outlet store online to prioritize the tiffany and co manner in " the coach factory outlet tells coach.Not just in true religion jeans, the cheap jerseys rain every day. Hey, $350 is way less than those coach outlet. For those unfamiliar, the michael kors outlet is a seven-day, coach factory online (only the first coach factory coach) in coach outlet online carry all their own alexander wang shoes for a daily water ration and michael kors outlet tent to sleep under;The coach factory outlet is yours, but coach factory outlet is to just be yourself and be coach outlet store online.The coach on michael kors outlet online of through sac burberry. Choose from brands like toms shoes company, Sam Edelman, toms usa, Bernardo, michael kors outlet and others.which saw coach outlet everything 'alexander wang bags' image, just got the treatment celine outlet.I just put tossed this on and I look marc by marc jacobs outlet department. the company was coach factory outlet online that it do michael kors should do well.Known to celine bags since the Ice Age like michael kors outlet online, to things like designing boats.

    ReplyDelete

Please share ... your thoughts // comments // questions // ideas .... thanks!
xx

PETITE BIET NYC Copyright 2013 | All rights reserved ©